Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Road Trip

Just got back from our much needed couple days away. The fact that we could spare 2 days in our lives was close to a miracle. Sleep, swimming, eating and just plain old relaxation was on the menu. We enjoyed the time with our kids, and with each other immensely. Thank you Lord for the blessing of giving me a family to enjoy life with. OK so I have a pretty funny story to tell of our road trip back to the shining Great Falls.

A little while after a stop to use the restrooms Emily asked for a snack.

"May I please have berries" was her request.
These are a wonderful little invention of dried blueberries that she loves. So I gave her a handful.

"Mmmm, these are good" she said with delight.
Soon another plea of more, "Please, may I have some more" she asked
Another handful was handed back.
"Sank you" said the little voice joyfully.
It was quiet for a while cause you know the sound of a toddler eating food. (silence)
Then from the back a exclamation of

"Dad there's a berry in my nose"
"What" I exclaimed
"EMILY, your in big trouble if there is a berry up your nose, I said removing my seat belt. (I know, right)
Turning around in my seat (oh yeah, steve was driving) I asked again,
"Do you have a berry up your nose?"
With a wide eyed look she shook her head no, and quietly answered "yes"
I grab her chin pushing her head back to get a good look up her nose,
" Emily I do not see a berry up your nose, do you really have one up your nose?"
"ah- huh " she said still wide eyed.

By this time I had asked my husband a few times if he thinks that she really stuck one up her nose. And I have pushed on her nose from the outside to see if I could feel one, continuing to get more and more upset.
"She still says that she has one up there, what should I do, I can't see one." I say
"Just have her blow her nose" Steve said in all his wisdom

So I grab a kleenex stuck it up to her nose holding closed the opposite side of the one she said it was in, and said "BLOW"

"FFFF-THUMP"
Out came the blueberry!! Steve is gigglin and I have said a few times real fast "why did she stick a blueberry up her nose?"

What a child that we have. At least she is at the age where she tattles on herself, we might have never known of the blueberry before it was too late. LOL. Some days you do just have to laugh.

6 comments:

DeVoy Family said...

Christel, this is Erin DeVoy(used to be Dixon). I've been keeping up on your blog and its so fun to hear about your family. Emily is adorable! I have two girls, Kaleena and Emiley and I can relate to your stories! toddlers are so much fun! I hope you are doing well.
Erin

Unknown said...

That is hilarious. GOod thing you believed her. I have heard stories that of children putting things in their nose, not telling anyone, and then stinking terribly days later. The stink was found to be the rotting food items in the nose!! GROSS!! Way to trust your child!!

Rachel Melone said...

I am not quite sure what I would do with this.... probably bring my child to the ER. I can't handle nose/ear things!!! My child is the child that puts everything in his mouth like a food item! You are right about laughing about it-makes life so much fun!

Cortney said...

Funny!
Christopher LOVES picking the piling off of Colton's baby blanket and sticking it in his ear.

Uhhhhhhh. (big sigh)

I am dreading the day we are in the ER because of it.

PS. my niece put a pony bead up her nose on a 16 hour car ride.Kids are fun!

Macks and Knickknacks said...

Oh I would have loved to be there! That makes me laugh so much. I'm glad you guys got out of town for a while. By the way your description of what that berry sounded like popping out was right on the money!
Love ya!

Ali Brown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! (big belly laugh) My kids haven't stuck anything into their orifices yet...should I knock on wood???

 
Header design by Volo!, Montana Web Design and Consulting